Hello SBS Parents, Families & Friends, today we said congratulations and "See you next year" to our Kindergarten students in a warm and caring ceremony with a fun Circus-theme! On Friday last week, we did the same with our 8th Grade graduates with a Baccalaureate Mass, Awards and Diploma ceremony. No Circus this time ; )
- Now, grades 1 - 7 will be finishing off their studies and collecting their personal notebooks, classwork, Comfort Bags, etc so please have them bring their backpacks tomorrow. The Final Day of school is Wed. 6/21 at 11:30 am. This is a Mass day and will require Mass uniforms for all students. Our Trimester 3 Awards ceremony will immediately follow the mass, then students will have a break and their last class gathering before Dismissal. Please remember there is NO Daycare.
- In order for us to better serve you and the students of SBS, it is very important that we have all registration forms/fees in to the Office this week. We will be on a short day Wed. (Office closes at 12:30) but the Office will be open on Thurs. - Friday from 8:30 am - 3:00 pm. Please just take the moment to bring in your completed Re-Registration (sent home several weeks ago) form, accompanying fee and Farmers & Merchants Bank ACH form (green w voided check) in order to count you and your children in for the 2017 - 2018 school year. All Re-Registrations that are not completed by June 30 will have a $30 service fee applied to the registration total.
(For any families that may have recently re-located, changed jobs or for other concerns, will not be returning to SBS for 2017-18, please call or email us with this notice so that we can adjust our classrooms totals. We wish you the very best, God bless)
- On Tuesday 6/20, all students will receive the Supply List and Summer Work for their next grade. These will also be posted on SchoolSpeak asap. Please look over the Summer Work and assist your child in setting up a scheduled study time during the week. This will help in keeping their skills sharp and learn how to manage their "free time". Students that enrolled in our SBS Summer Program DO NOT have to complete the Summer Work sent home.
- SBS Summer Program notices were sent home today for all those students that may be Required or Recommended to attend. Any families already registered for our summer program will not have a notice coming home today. Come join us by registering for Summer in the Office (forms are on school website), $300 single student from July 5 - July 27. Discount for multiple children enrolled. See information on SchoolSpeak "downloadable forms".
- As you consider student registration for 2017-18, here are a few things to keep in mind as you ponder the educational future of your children:
o The average single-child tuition for one year at SBS is so affordable, it is equal to just over $10 per calendar day, or $20 per school day! That is BEFORE any discounted/tuition assistance is applied!
o SBS provides a challenging, rigorous curriculum that prepares students for high school and beyond
o 98% of Catholic High School graduates go on to a 4-year college.
o Graduates of Catholic School are more active in their faith long-term.
o Graduates of Catholic School are more active in civil affairs such as voting and charitable work in their community.
With all this, and so much more available to you and your children within Catholic Schools, the question really becomes, “How can you not afford to enroll your child?”
St. Bernard School is now accepting applications for our 2017 - 2018 Kinder thru 8th Grade classes (Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age by December 1st). A special "First Year " discount enrollment package is available for all current St. Bernard Religious Education families. Pre-K students must be 3 years of age and potty-trained. Financial Aid may be possible thru Children’s Home Society; please call our Office (562.867.9410) to arrange for a tour and information.